English Information JDRF Walk 2015
JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) raises money for scientific research to cure, prevent, and treat Type 1 Diabetes (T1D). The ultimate goal is a world without T1D! One of the methods to raise money for scientific research is the annual JDRF Walk.JDRF Walk 2016 This year the Walk takes place on Saturday June 4th from 1 till 5 pm at Slot Zeist in Zeist. In the period prior to the 4th of June, individuals and organisations can start a Walk team and have their participation in the Walk sponsored through the online fundraiser platform www.jdrfwalk.nl. There is a lot more to the Walk besides the 4 kilometer walk. For example, question time with leading T1D scientists, entertainment for the children and live music. The JDRF Walk is an amazing event for young and old and offers the opportunity to people with T1D and people in their surroundings to share experiences.What can you do to help JDRF?
- When the JDRF Walk season has started, you can participate in the JDRF Walk by starting a Walk team and acquire funds amongst your family, friends and acquaintances.
- You can support one of the existing Walk teams by donating or give a general donation to the JDRF Walk.
- As an organization, you can supply services or goods for the event, or sponsor parts of the event. For example the coffee, a children’s activity, or live music. In this case, please contact us via email email@example.com.
- Around 150.000 people in the Netherlands suffer from T1D, including 15.000 kids and adolescents.
- 1 on 15 Dutch people has a child, partner or family member with T1D. Around 750.000 people in total are influenced by this disease.
- 10 people get diagnosed with T1D every day. T1D is growing rapidly in the age group of kids under years old.
- T1D costs the Dutch society 4 to 5 billion Euro every year.